[erlang-questions] Erlang Text Editor Searching

dieter@REDACTED dieter@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 12:02:04 CET 2018

Hi Yao,
If you want to give emacs another try, there are several autocomplete modes,
for example auto-complete and company.
(I have tried auto-complete with erlang)

For symbol searches I am using etags (comes with emacs), you use it like
  etags *.erl
which creates a tags file with all recognized definitions.
You have to tell emacs where to find this file with visit-tags-table, or you set
one of the variables tags-table-list (good if you work on several projects) or
tags-file-name (just one project).
Then you can visit the definition of a symbol with M-. and jump back with M-,
I usually perform the creation of the tags file as target in a Makefile.
You might have a bit more work than in a mainstream IDE,
but I like the fact that I have everything under control.
And I like elisp very much, besides erlang.
Kind regards,
Dieter