[erlang-questions] Emacs + Flycheck + rebar3 + proper

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 19:29:25 CET 2018

On 11/26/2018 10:18 AM, Frans Schneider wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In emacs while editing PropEr tests, flycheck complains about not being
> able to find "proper/include/proper.hrl" which is obvious since that lib
> is somewhere sitting in the _build directory and not defined in ERL_LIBS.
> How do you guys configure emacs in a situation like this?
> PropEr is part of the test profile in rebar3.

I have never used flycheck in emacs, and consequently I have no idea of
what is involved in its use, but why isn't ERL_LIBS set in your environment?

One of the first things that PropEr's user guide specifies is to either
set ERL_LIBS or add PropEr’s base directory to your Erlang library path
by adding an appropriate code:load_abs/1 call to your ~/.erlang file
(see https://proper-testing.github.io/userguide.html).

Can it be that this will solve your problem?

Should this be something that rebar3 does automatically when it runs or
detects PropEr tests?

Hope this helps.
Kostis