[erlang-questions] Documentation -- what I ran into when I installed kerl

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 04:13:20 CET 2018

Thank you Fred.

I’ve much admired your work.

> Yes. I think what we are missing as a community is a well-defined "how to install
> Erlang on your system" style of documentation that is well-visible and maintained.
> That way, tool developers could point to that document as a foundational step, and
> people whose setup is complete can easily skip it.

Perhaps working together we can make that happen. As you may have noticed, I don’t mind asking Mickey-The -Dunce questions. I’m pushing hard on several fronts to learn what I need to know to bring Writersglen to fruition. And I’ve learned that one of the best ways to learn is to teach.

In addition to work on erlpress_core, I’ve been trying to wrap my arms around secure Erlang web deployment. Bringing up a site to serve a “how to install
Erlang on your system" tutorial would be a good learning exercise.

Point the way and I’ll do what I can to make this happen.

Lloyd

Sent from my iPad