[erlang-questions] Yet another kerl roadblock

Stanislaw Klekot erlang.org@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 01:01:58 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 06:27:36PM -0500, lloyd@REDACTED wrote:

> So, following the kerl docs I get through this step:
>
> ~/Kerl/21.1$ kerl list installations
> 21.1 /home/lloyd/Kerl/21.1
>
> Now, the docs say:
>
> And at last activate it:
> $ . /path/to/install/dir/activate
> I try it:
>
> $ ./home/lloyd/Kerl/21.1/activate
> bash: ./home/lloyd/Kerl/21.1/activate: No such file or directory
[...]
> $ ./Kerl/21.1/activate
> bash: ./Kerl/21.1/activate: Permission denied
>
> I make activate executable (out of a sheer guess)
[...]
> So, the afternoon is gone. Night has dawned. I'm one step away from success,
> but totally thwarted.

Could you please start learning how to use your OS on a level suitable
to a programmer? This is what impedes you over and over again, not some
omissions in documentation, as you implied in another e-mail.

A good beginning would be `man bash', "SHELL BUILTIN COMMANDS" section,
for now about the "." command Kerl docs said you should use.

--
Stanislaw Klekot