[erlang-questions] Erlang Build 21.1.1 on Windows 10

Dave Cottlehuber dch@REDACTED
Fri Nov 16 00:47:07 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, at 14:35, Michael Scharrer wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> thank you I will look. Is it maybe possible that you can share me your
> output what you´re getting on windows ./otp_build env_win32 x64
> So that I can see some differences and compare it with my paths and
> system configuration.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Luke is right, you need to have the Windows SDK tools before the cygwin
stuff in the path.

I've been through this in detail many times. Most of the acquired wisdom
is documented here; for more details and example order see
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-glazier#make-a-new-prompt-shortcut

I strongly recommend doing your windows builds on a dedicated VM and
ensuring you have regular snapshots to clean up and roll back to.

Once you have the path and dependencies organised, building multiple
versions of OTP is cake.

Good luck.

A+
Dave