[erlang-questions] Which On Windows

Luke Bakken luke@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 00:31:57 CET 2018

Hi Onorio -

Please read the build instructions -

http://erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL-WIN32.html#Short-Version

You *shouldn't* have to use a VS command prompt. That's not to say
something hasn't changed in recent Windows / SDK versions that
interferes with the process.

Michael could start a VS command prompt, *then* run the cygwin.bat
command within that terminal to more likely have the correct
environment. But, it would be most helpful to the Erlang/OTP team to
figure out why the build isn't working as per the instructions in this
case.

Luke