[erlang-questions] Problem installing RabbitMQ

Luke Bakken luke@REDACTED
Sat Nov 10 14:50:40 CET 2018

Hi Merlin,

I swear I saw this question posted by you in another forum like the
rabbitmq-users mailing list or Stack Overflow. Did you post this elsewhere?

At any rate, this is the code that detects Erlang version:

https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server-release/blob/master/packaging/windows-exe/rabbitmq_nsi.in#L264-L302

One thing that is probably not obvious is that the NSIS-based installer for
RabbitMQ is 32-bit. That means it only looks in the Wow6432Node section of
the Windows registry. I suspect you have a stale key under that starting
point, in the path Software\Ericsson\Erlang

Thanks,
Luke