[erlang-questions] [ANN] Batiscaph seeing tool v0.1.1: visualization of the processes on the map

Vladimir Gordeev gordeev.vladimir.v@REDACTED
Mon May 28 08:35:27 CEST 2018

Hello everyone!

I was working on seeing tool for Erlang for some time.
The purpose of this tool is to visualize what's happening on your Erlang
node, help to understand your code.

Observer included in erlang distribution shows you current state of the
system.
The tool I'm working on persists changes and show how things changed over
time.

The idea is to build a map where you can navigate around your processes and
ports, just like you do it in Google Maps. Visualize trace events, logs and
other information.

It's still in the early stage and not that useful for production yet.
I thought that I should share what I've already got anyway.

I've recorded demo video explaining how it's used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNr7o9eg4Ck

Github repo: https://github.com/vladimir-vg/batiscaph
There you can find an instruction how to play with it locally.

Would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, comments.