[erlang-questions] start_timer and timer fired lag

Tue Mar 27 14:29:04 CEST 2018

Yes, that is the thing I'm talking about. Apart from long_schedule, I'd
also enable the other kinds of monitors, especially long_gc. Usually, when
the system reports one of these things, it is worth investigating why it is
doing so. A timer might also arrive late because a poor process has way too
much GC work to do, while also having too few cores. So having a marker for
this tend to be good infrastructure design.

IIRC, Fred's book "Erlang in Anger" also touches on this (but haven't
looked it up, I must admit).