[erlang-questions] New project: ZJ - A tiny JSON encoder/decoder

zxq9@REDACTED zxq9@REDACTED
Wed Jun 27 06:34:42 CEST 2018

On 2018年6月26日火曜日 16時44分08秒 JST you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It looks promising, thank you for sharing!
>
> However, I’d like to suggest to consider mapping `null -> null`.
> I’ve been raising a similar issue to jsx as well.
>
> The atom `undefined` is used by many library to express undefined result.
> Please consider its usage
>
> JSON -> Erlang:
> * null -> undefined
>
> Erlang -> JSON
> * undefined -> null

Hmmm... That changes semantics a bit.

I understand what you're saying, but that would mean:

Erlang -> JSON
- null      -> null
- undefined -> null

Is that really desirable? Seems a bit "fuzzy"/surprising.
I'm not faced with this anywhere, so I really don't know.

Thoughts from anyone else?

-Craig