[erlang-questions] Patch package OTP 21.0.1 released

Henrik Nord X henrik.x.nord@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 15:10:24 CEST 2018

On tis, 2018-06-26 at 14:18 +0200, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> On 06/26/2018 01:06 PM, Henrik Nord X wrote:
> >
> > On tis, 2018-06-26 at 10:50 +0000, John Högberg wrote:
> > >
> > > The README's at http://erlang.org/download/ (without the `s`!)
> > > look
> > > complete from OTP 17 onwards.
> > >
> > > /John
> >  From R7B-1 even :D
> > otp_src_R7B-1.readme
> > some are in the old versions as above, and from OTP-17.0.1.README
> > all
> > small patches should have readme´s in the new format.
> > you can also find this information in the documentation under
> > release
> > notes.
> > http://erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/notes.html#erts-10.0
> >
> > Note that we do not update the online documentation until we
> > release a
> > planned patch package. But you should be able to see all the 9.XXX
> > versions of erts in there.
> >
> > But you can always build the doc yourself.
> I noted that the following versions were announced but do not seem
> have a README so I got the README from the announcement itself:
>
> * 18.3.4.4
> * 18.3.4.5
> * 18.3.4.6
> * 18.3.4.8
> * 19.0.4
> * 19.1.2
> * 19.3.4
> * 19.3.6.2
> * 19.3.6.7
> * 20.1.3
>
> Maybe you're interested in updating the website with them.
Done

> I can't find an announcement or a README for the following two tags:
>
> * 18.3.4.3
> * 19.2.3.1

I do not know why there are no announcement on some of the patches, but
the patches are still published and thus we have a README, now also on
the download page
> I don't expect a README or an announcement for 19.2.3.1 but I'm a
> bit
> more surprised about 18.3.4.3, maybe there's a good reason?

There might have been some kind of decision to not post readme for some
of the patches that are already fixed upstream, when backported to an
older OTP version. As the changenote for that should already be posted.

Keep in mind the versioning and what that implies to what code is
included in what following version etc.

I.E the 19.2.3.1 patch is a backport for something that is released in
21.0