[erlang-questions] UDP receive performance

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Jun 18 15:57:14 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 10:54 PM Jonas Falkevik <
jonas.falkevik@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Jonas Falkevik <
> jonas.falkevik@REDACTED> wrote:
>

>> > Interesting... I wonder if maybe it wouldn't be better to solve this
>> problem in the code for realloc so that no copy is done when a realloc of
>> the same size if issued... that way we solve it in all places instead of
>> only in the inet_driver
>> >

>> Something like
> https://github.com/falkevik/otp/commit/444fb00ff2a9d1f40a8c66f48bea1cf3f07ca86c
> ?

I was thinking something more like this:
https://github.com/garazdawi/otp/tree/lukas/erts/realloc_thr_pref_shrink_th

This makes it so that the absolute and relative single block shrink
thesholds are respected for reallocs made on a remote scheduler. This
should solve the problem that you have found also, through as I still
haven't reproduced it I can't test that it actually solves it.

Lukas