[erlang-questions] missing line numbers when gen_statem crashes

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Wed Jun 13 11:51:31 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have a crashing gen_statem, but to the best of my knowledge I cannot see
from the stock error messages which line my gen_statem dies on.

I have searched high and low in my console output, but this is the only
thing that I could find:

=CRASH REPORT==== 13-Jun-2018::11:17:28 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: eee_sched_shard:init/1
    pid: <0.3149.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception error: {badrecord,trans_opts}
      in function  gen_statem:loop_event_actions_list/10 (gen_statem.erl,
line 1210)
    ancestors: [<0.3148.0>,<0.3114.0>,<0.3107.0>,eee_sched_streams_sup,
                  eee_sched_task_sup,eee_sched_sup,<0.2867.0>]
    message_queue_len: 0
    messages: []
    links: [<0.3148.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 6772
    stack_size: 27
    reductions: 58869
  neighbours:

I'm about to turn on debug mode, but I don't think that that should be the
answer to this kind of problem. Line numbers should come out by default.

Cheers,
Torben
--
https://www.linkedin.com/in/torbenhoffmann/