[erlang-questions] SSL doesn't like my private key with password

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Thu Jul 26 10:32:04 CEST 2018

Attila Rajmund Nohl <attila.r.nohl@REDACTED> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
júl. 25., Sze, 17:49):
[...]
> 4> ssl:ssl_accept(TS).
> {error,{keyfile,function_clause}}
>
> I guess it shouldn't happen. I found a question at stackoverflow with
> similar contents:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50813212/erlang-ssl-password-option-for-private-key
> and also a similar problem with RabbitMQ:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rabbitmq-users/dW3Lz6omyfw

After some debugging it turned out the error comes from the public key decoding:

** exception error: no function clause matching pubkey_pbe:decode(...,

"password","AES-256-CBC",
                                                                  ...)
(pubkey_pbe.erl, line 59)

Erlang doesn't seem to support the AES-256-CBC cipher for passwords. I
see this(?) cipher in ssl, so I guess there's no legal reason not to
include it for keys.