[erlang-questions] Orelse and andalso as short-hand for case

empro2@REDACTED empro2@REDACTED
Tue Jul 24 21:06:31 CEST 2018

Am Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:30:46 +0300
schrieb Led <ledest@REDACTED>:

> > Why not:
> >
> >   if Pid =:= WorkerPid -> throw({'task', Task}) end,
> >
> > ?

> Are you serious?
> Or is this a joke?

Sorry! do not attribute to jest what can be explained with
simple stupidity - or so the saying goes ... :-)

Perhaps it was the mentioning of WHEN and UNLESS (that
remove the need for PROGN and the "else" in LISP), perhaps
it was seeing the use of a list comprehension without a list
producing one that was not wanted, perhaps I was
simply trying not to like the "andalso" (which is only
possible since R13A
http://erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/expressions.html#short-circuit-expressions)
or perhaps there is a reason for my "if" being nonsense and
that reason is not to be circumvented with "andalso" ...

... but I seem to be too stupid to see that (yet) :-)

Michael

--

If a bank in need of money is systematically important,
then that system is not important.