[erlang-questions] Dispcount resource identification during init

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Thu Jul 19 01:32:04 CEST 2018

Oh,

We seem posted at the same time!

Thanks for this. I'll give process_info(self()) a try.

Good work with the library. Regards.

- Edmond -

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Hebert" <mononcqc@REDACTED>
To:"Edmond Begumisa" <ebegumisa@REDACTED>
Cc:<erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent:Wed, 18 Jul 2018 19:17:13 -0400
Subject:Re: [erlang-questions] Dispcount resource identification
during init

 On 07/19, Edmond Begumisa wrote:
 >Hello all,
 >
 >Any dispcount[1] users out there? Your assistance on two questions
 >would be appreciated..
 >
 >a) During init function of the callback module implementing the
 >dispcount behaviour, I would like to know resource number assigned
 >that process. Is this possible?

 Each process registers itself, so you should be able to find that
 information from process_info(self()). Otherwise, nothing is passed
 explicitly to the callback.

 I'm figuring this might be enough to get going.

 >b) Is this library still active? One feature mentioned on the todo
list
 >would be nice to have for our purposes (dynamically
growing/shrinking
 >the number of resources).

 It is, for all intents and purposes, a complete library. There has
not
 been bug reports nor feature requests, so it is stable.

 If someone were to report bugs, I would probably try and fix them,
but
 it's been pretty calm and stable for the last 4 years. I haven't used
or
 tried to use it (my work has moved to systems with different
 requirements) recently, but I'm still fine maintaining it.

 If someone has a plan to improve the libs, I'd be fine handing
control
 over, though.