[erlang-questions] r21 logger difficulties

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Wed Jul 11 11:25:16 CEST 2018

Hi again, Mark!

I see that you set the handler level to debug in the sys.config, but I
can't see that the primary level is set? Please refer to the Kernel User's
Guide, http://erlang.org/doc/apps/kernel/logger_chapter.html, for a
description of how primary level check and -filters are applied prior to
all handler level checks and -filters. (short version: if a log event does
not pass the primary level check, it is discarded and will never hit any
handler).

Primary level is 'notice' by default, and handler levels are 'all' by
default.

What I mean is that your sys.config should look something like this:

{kernel,
    [{logger,
      [{handler, default, logger_std_h,
       #{level => debug,
         config => #{type => {file,"log/erlang.log"}},
         formatter => {logger_formatter, #{template => [time," ",pid,"
      }]
     },
     {logger_level, all}
    ]