[erlang-questions] erlexec permissions denied error on start after building release

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sun Jul 1 16:03:14 CEST 2018

Just update erlang.mk and remove the cache and it'll work:

$ make erlang-mk
$ make distclean    # or just rm -rf .erlang.mk to go faster
$ make

On 07/01/2018 12:27 AM, Wes James wrote:
> I thought relx was just another name for rebar.  I'm using erlang.mk
> <http://erlang.mk> and it has relx in the script.
>
> I'm seeing these 2:
>
> https://github.com/erlang/rebar3
>
> https://github.com/erlware/relx
>
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Wes James <comptekki@REDACTED
> <mailto:comptekki@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     I have 3.26.0.
>
>     On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Wes James <comptekki@REDACTED
>     <mailto:comptekki@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>         OK.  I thought I got the latest yesterday.  I'll check again.
>
>         On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Tristan Sloughter
>         <t@REDACTED <mailto:t@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>             __
>             This is with rebar3 3.6.1? Why is it under `_rel`? Did you
>             set a different output directory or are you using relx
>             directly? In which case make sure you have version 3.26.0.
>
>             Tristan
>
>             On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, at 4:05 PM, Wes James wrote:
>>             I upgraded to erlang 21.0.1 and upgraded rebar3 to the
>>             latest and built my project, but when I ran it I got an
>>             erlexec permissions denied error.  I noticed that most of
>>             the files in _rel/project_name/erts-10.0.1/bin were set
>>             only rw not rwx.  Is this a bug or do I need to change a
>>             setting somewhere?
>>
>>             This is when I run:  _rel/bin/project_name console
>>
>>             Thanks,
>>
>>             -wes

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu