[erlang-questions] Sender punishment removed

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll@REDACTED
Wed Jan 24 22:22:58 CET 2018

Having a timeout inside the pattern matching semantics of receiving
messages would be interesting.
But yes as Guilherme points out how would that work with receiving from
distributed nodes?
Maybe something along

recieve
    Msg:Node -> ...
end

maybe better:

recieve
    Msg:Node:Sojourn -> ...
end

which alows

recieve
    Msg:node() -> ...
    Msg:_:Sojourn -> ...
end

where node() would just get compiled to matching the local node.
Well this leaves the question of how would the libraries look like in the
future.

Cheers,
--
Pierre Fenoll