[erlang-questions] Making changes to the erlang libs

Frans Schneider fchschneider@REDACTED
Wed Jan 24 16:14:13 CET 2018

Hi list,

I want to make some changes to xmerl_xsd because I think there is a bug
in there. I use kerl and made an installation with the latest 20.2
release. So, I thought I would just edit the source of xmerl_xsd where
kerl installed the sources and use c(xmerl_xsd) to compile the thing,
however nothing happens. I see the beam file getting a new time stamp
after compiling but its size remains the same, so I assume it compiles
using some other source file than the one I am editing.

So, what is it I am doing wrong and what is the easiest way to make
changes to library modules and do some experiments?

Thanks,

Frans