[erlang-questions] seq_trace with bigint labels

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Tue Jan 23 18:12:58 CET 2018

> Ideally we'd have a solution where the individual applications would not
> have to be modified/recompiled but the whole node could be configured to
> send trace data out to a trace collector.

Mostly. You'd still need to include the app that is capable of receiving the seq_trace messages and formatting spans to be reported from them, but you'd be able to trace any message path without code modifications.

But yea, I don't know either if it is as simple as letting it use bigints, or what the consequences of doing so would be.

Hopefully someone on the OTP team sees this and can answer :)