[erlang-questions] xref

Technion technion@REDACTED
Thu Jan 4 05:46:19 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm wondering if I could get some advise regarding xref.

I've found across a number of projects, anything using Cowboy triggers similar alerts for me to below:

$./rebar3  xref

===> Warning: api_handler:init/2 is unused export (Xref)

The init/2 function is most definitely used - it's the Cowboy callback used exactly the same way as the demo echo server does here:

https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/blob/master/examples/echo_get/src/toppage_handler.erl

I'm hoping to incorporate the xref test into my CI workflow, but I'd need to understand first how to convince it that Cowboy functions are not "unused". Is this a bug in xref or rebar?