[erlang-questions] [ANN] locus: Geolocation and ASN lookup of IP addresses
Mon Jan 1 22:44:52 CET 2018
On 1 January 2018 at 21:16, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:
> what is the difference from https://github.com/mochi/egeoip ?
My original motivation in writing this library was indeed to create a
modern replacement for egeoip, which I've depended upon for the past few
Some of the things I desired:
1) Not having snapshots of the database committed into the repository
- This makes the repository grow over time and cloning it taking ever
2) Making database updates seamless
- Which was solved by loading them from network (closely related to 1.)
- Caching on the local file system is then leveraged to reduce
- In order to not consume too much bandwidth, conditional HTTP requests
are used whenever possible.
3) Support for the GeoLite2 databases
- GeoLite Legacy databases are being discontinued and will no longer
receive updates after April 2018.
4) Less rigidly structured entries
- Which was solved by returning entries as maps instead of records and
having the code
be particularly unopinionated about what data those entries contain.
5) Not having a limited number of workers as a potential bottleneck
- This was solved by sharing the different database sections as
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions