[erlang-questions] Global registry documentation has a cryptic warning about code change

Metin Akat akat.metin@REDACTED
Mon Feb 26 10:13:28 CET 2018

Hi,

Global has this warning box in the doc page:

"If you plan to change code without restarting your system, you must use an
external fun (fun Module:Function/Arity) as function Resolve. If you use a
local fun, you can never replace the code for the module that the fun
belongs to."

Could someone please explain what this means?
If I have a simple_one_for_one supervisor with many workers which register
via global, what does the above mean if I want to reload them via the
`sync` library (for development). Can I not use the default Resolve and why?

Thanks,
Metin