[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Wed Feb 14 21:23:36 CET 2018

The question of the (in)appropriateness of this particular name has
answered itself, me thinks.

My personal views on the name aside, pragmatically, the fact that the name
has generated so much heat and very little discussion about the software
itself pretty much answers the question of whether or not it's a good idea
to rename it, regardless of the arguments for retaining the current name.

For the author, probably the worst thing to do would be to ignore people's
very strong opinions against the name generated in just 24 hours. In the
end, it's the author's call. But Valery should remember that life is
short. Do you really what to deal with this for the rest of the tool's
life?

- Edmond -