[erlang-questions] Mnesia and schema locks

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Feb 14 18:39:41 CET 2018

Hello,

We are trying to debug an issue where we observe a lot of contention
when a RabbitMQ node go down. It has a number of symptoms and we are in
the middle of figuring things out.

One particular symptom occurs on the node that restarts, it gets stuck
and there are two Mnesia locks:

[{{schema,rabbit_durable_route},read,{tid,879886,<6502.2299.18>}},
  {{schema,rabbit_exchange},read,{tid,879887,<6502.2302.18>}}]

The locks are only cleared when the other node in the cluster stops
being so busy deleting data from a number of tables (another symptom)
and things go back to normal.

Part of the problem is that while this is going on, the restarting node
cannot be used, so I would like to understand what conditions can result
in these locks staying up for so long. Any tips appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu