[erlang-questions] is sys.config mostly a convention?

Peti Gömöri gomoripeti@REDACTED
Wed Feb 14 12:33:30 CET 2018

hi Xavier

the rebar2 start script template also had a section "Use
releases/VSN/sys.config if it exists otherwise use etc/app.config"
https://github.com/rebar/rebar/blob/2429ddf7b46597222b0eaf6b79a438baafaaa96f/priv/templates/simplenode.runner#L82

Exactly as you say this is useful to package the configuration (etc dir)
separately from the release (which does not contain a sys.config)