[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Andy Till atill@REDACTED
Mon Feb 12 19:00:12 CET 2018

This term is absolutely a racist term and it is widely known in the UK
and US. It was used in an awful BBC sitcom in the 60s and 70s.

For people citing dictionaries, the racist meaning is the second most
common. Surely that is enough? If the dictionary writer had been
affected by it they may have put it first any way.

Arguing that it negatively affects *only* a minority of people, is kind
of the point of racism.

I'd be mortified if I found that I had done misunderstood a name like
this, and would take it down.