[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Tom Santero tsantero@REDACTED
Mon Feb 12 18:10:20 CET 2018

Putting the project's name aside for a moment, there are two things I'd
like to point about:

1. i would never pull a pre-built binary from a 3rd party into one of my
projects. lol security?
2. that this project doesn't address rebar3/relx/hex at all means it is at
odds with the direction the community has been pushing toward for several
years now, and makes it relatively useless

That said, the name: anyone in North America who reads this immediately
thinks of the racist slur, despite intent or cultural differences. if
you're an adult in 2018 and can't comprehend that being offended by
something and that thing being objectively offensive aren't mutually
exclusive then...well I'd suggest you take a good long time to reevaluate
everything you've done with your life up until today.