[erlang-questions] Security ForTLS Distribution

A. G. Madi warp.engineer@REDACTED
Mon Feb 5 17:12:15 CET 2018

Hi,
I haven't found a way to use epmd over TLS yet, but I was just reading an article that might be helpful to you.  It describes a way to not have to use epmd at all.  Check it out; maybe you can use it. https://www.erlang-solutions.com/blog/erlang-and-elixir-distribution-without-epmd.html

    On Friday, February 2, 2018 3:59 PM, asdf asdf <codewiget95@REDACTED> wrote:

 Hello,
I am working on the final deployment push. Since we are hosting some servers at AWS and some in another location, and we would like to cluster our nodes and use rpc’s, we added distribution over TLS. From my understanding, this changes the standard Erlang rpc’s to use use TLS connections rather than standard TCP.
>From this article on erlang-solutions.com: https://www.erlang-solutions.com/blog/erlang-distribution-over-tls.html it is noted that a next concern is epmd, and how it is a security concern as it’s connection is over TCP.
How should we address this? Is there a fix? And are there any other security concerns that need addressing before connecting nodes across multiple data centers?
erlang-questions mailing list
erlang-questions@REDACTED