[erlang-questions] Erlang mnesia node getting isolated from cluster

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Fri Feb 2 11:57:05 CET 2018

If they report each other as down, then node A have lost connection with
the other nodes sometime ago.
Or at least the process links between mnesia on A and B, A and C where
broken.

Erlang distribution will by default reconnect to the nodes as you send a
msg between A and B and the erlang-network will be
reconnected, though mnesia should detect that the network was partitioned
and should not reconnect.

So my guess it that the erlang connection was down for a short period of
time, or during the start and they
never had (or could get) a connection when mnesia started on A, and
afterwards node A connected to and B,C where mnesia was already started,
but that should also generated a partitioned_network event.

/Dan