[erlang-questions] Mnesia activity API future.

Daniil Fedotov fedotov.danil@REDACTED
Tue Aug 28 17:33:08 CEST 2018

Hi,

In RabbitMQ team we are currently investigating possibilities of improving
our use of mnesia by replacing the clustering bit and the native mnesia
transactions with a custom mnesia_access module.
This is in order to improve partition handling in RabbitMQ, which have been
a long standing issue.
The `mnesia:activity` API will be the main integration part of this change.

As the RabbitMQ team will have to support this solution for years, we would
like to be sure that it will not be deprecated or changed significantly in
the future mnesia versions.

So the question is foes Erlang OTP team have any plans for changing,
removing or deprecating the API and will the mnesia_access behaviour be
made a proper behaviour to keep the API callbacks in check?

Thanks.

Daniil Fedotov,
RabbitMQ team.