[erlang-questions] discourse for erlang

Joe Harrison jrh53@REDACTED
Sun Aug 26 22:18:17 CEST 2018

On 26/08/18 14:54, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> I've been pushing this. Instead of having a custom built forum like
> erlangcentral used to have, just use discourse like every other language
> :). I also thought about setting it up myself and trying to get it
> adopted that way, but geez does it have a lot of moving parts.... But
> not going to divert this into a rant about Ruby on Rails projects...

Let me take the bait, then:

"The only officially supported installs of Discourse are Docker based."

I find this sad, and the reasoning even more tragic:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md#why-do-you-only-officially-support-docker

Several people (i.e. myself) may consider such complexity of forum
software to be criminal.

I may have dropped the DMARC bomb earlier (which is enough of a burden),
but I think that asking Raimo or anyone else to host Discourse counts as
cruel and unusual punishment.