[erlang-questions] [meta] Messages not reaching the mailing list

Thu Aug 16 10:07:54 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 03:17:51PM +0100, Joe Harrison wrote:

> On 15/08/18 14:22, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 03:55:48PM +0100, Joe Harrison wrote:
> >> Hey everyone,
> >>
> >> tl;dr it appears that the mailing list software is modifying message
> >> headers/bodies, leading to broken message signatures, ultimately causing
> >
> > This is default mailing list behaviour since the dawn of the Internet.
> >
> >> mail providers to outright *reject* some messages from the list.
> >
> > This is a new behaviour caused by the DMARC project completely ignoring
> > mailing lists when they created their new nifty feature
>
> Yes, it's an unfortunate breakage, but it's also a modern spam
> mitigation technique, and it's slowly gaining steam amongst the bigger
> free providers (there were rumours of gmail setting "p=reject" in 2017).

I know, I am just whining...
It seems Ericsson is also about to enforce DMARC, probably through
p=reject, so I have Ericsson Security breathing down my neck.

: :

> As an aside, it looks like Mailman 3 has switched from pipermail to
> hyperkitty, which might provide the obfuscation/hiding of email
> addresses that you're looking for.

Thank you - I will have a look at that.  Last time I looked it seemed that
Mailman 3 was not quite ready for prime time.

> > While maintaining the real business...
> >
> > Hopefully this will happen within a month or so.
>
> Thank you for your time. I realise this is not a high priority thing :)

More like "hard to prioritize", albeit important... ;-(