[erlang-questions] module reloading

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 08:05:46 CEST 2018

On 2018-04-18 03:27, Fernando Benavides wrote:

> Also... Just trying to evaluate _any_ function, loads the module. That's why instead of loading modules manually, when in the shell, I tend to write the module name and :, press tab, if nothing pops
> up, I type x(). and press enter.

I tend to do the same, even down to the "arbitrary function name", but
it *is* rather quirky, and there is a hint for an obvious and probably
straightforward-to-implement (I haven't looked at the relevant code)
enhancement in your description: why not have the sequence <name>:<TAB>
do a code:ensure_loaded(<name>) before it (tries to) look up the
function list?

> I bet one day I'll find a module that defines x/0 and I will be in trouble...

That too.:-)

--Per Hedeland