[erlang-questions] very long init:stop() and +P emulator flag

Vyacheslav Levytskyy v.levytskyy@REDACTED
Tue Sep 26 00:12:42 CEST 2017

That's true, I don't need 134217727 processes to be running, but it is
not substantial. It is just counter intuitive for me to have a beam
process with only kernel+stdlib that must take 5-10 minutes to shutdown.

If you are right and this indeed happens because of 1,5Gb allocated (btw
does this mean that each of 134217727 potential processes is
pre-created?), I would say that setting an upper bound of something I
don't expect immediate actions. Out of curiosity, I wonder what should
be cleaned up in the system immediately after the clean boot, and did
this behaviour exist earlier or was introduced recently (maybe as an
optimization) with Erlang/OTP 19 or 20?

Vyacheslav