[erlang-questions] Tuples referencing each other problem

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Sep 26 03:57:49 CEST 2017

On 26/09/17 11:01 AM, Grzegorz Junka wrote:

> Because I assume that the key can be of any length. So obviously want to
> avoid duplication.

In Unix, simple file names can typically be up to 255 characters
long.  In two rather large directories I just checked, the
average length was 20 characters in one and 11 in the other,
a long way from the maximum.

So the "obviously" doesn't really apply.  It's only if
many keys *are* rather long that you have a problem.

If you use an in-memory data base such as a gb_tree,
there will be no duplication.