[erlang-questions] question re. message delivery

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Mon Sep 25 01:50:45 CEST 2017

Folks,

I've just been re-reading Joe Armstrong's thesis, and I'm reminded of a
question that's been nagging me.

As I understand it, message delivery is not guaranteed, but message
order IS. So how, exactly does that work?  What's the underlying
mechanism that imposes sequencing, but allows messages to get lost?
(Particularly across a network.)  What are the various scenarios at play?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra