[erlang-questions] Erlang VM in Rust

Frank Muller frank.muller.erl@REDACTED
Thu Sep 21 19:12:14 CEST 2017

Erlang newbie here ...  jumping into the subject.

While agree with most of the ideas about security, speed ... I still can't
get some really basic things.

1. Why one should trade a time-proven, close to metal, fars language like C
with more than ~40yrs of existence with a new one? We don't even know if
Rust will exist in the near future. That's not gonna be the case for C
apparently (IoT, etc.).

2. Why simply not simply learn how to better code our NIF/Drivers instead?
C was/is my main programming language for many years now, and I didn't have
any major issue with it (medium to large projects) in production
environment so far. Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe not.

Thanks for your comments and feedbacks.

/Frank