[erlang-questions] dialyzer -- persisting an initial plt combined from many disjoint plts

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Sat Sep 16 22:28:37 CEST 2017

Hello All,

With dialyzer, it's possible to incrementally join persisted plts. That
is: to persist an initial plt created from an existing plt using the
--add_to_plt and --plt options, then use that persisted initial plt for
analysis like so...

[stdlib-kernel-erts.plt already exists]

$ dialyzer --add_to_plt --apps ssl public_key --plt stdlib-kernel-erts.plt
--output_plt ssl-public_key-stdlib-kernel-erts.plt

$ dialyzer --apps my_app --plt ssl-public_key-stdlib-kernel-erts.plt

Usefully, it's also possible to use disjoint plts directly. That is: to
analyze a program using a non-persisted initial plt combined from many
disjoint persisted plts using the --plts option like so...

[(ssl|public_key|stdlib|kernel|erts).disjoint.plt already exist]

$ dialyzer --apps my_app --plts ssl.disjoint.plt public_key.disjoint.plt
stdlib.disjoint.plt kernel.disjoint.plt erts.disjoint.plt

Is it possible to persist an initial plt combined from many disjoint
persisted plts? That is: to persist the initial plt in that last command?

- Edmond -