[erlang-questions] Erlang VM in Rust

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 13:11:12 CEST 2017

> Le 13 sept. 2017 à 03:47, Thom Cherryhomes <thom.cherryhomes@REDACTED> a écrit :
>
> For a language that purports to be a replacement for low-level systems programming, Rust not having bitfields or unions, would be a real pain in the ass to do any intricate hardware driver work... I'm guessing that Rust is designed by 20-somethings who have never done a line of assembler in their lives?

It must be a real treat to work with you!

You seem to be working on "a next generation smart home system", so how do you feel about the inevitable breach of security your product will be hit with for not using memory-safe languages? Or are you one of these people who think "only bad programmers write insecure C/C++ code"?

Anyway, you are the one who sounds like an immature 20-somethings here.