[erlang-questions] Lager dropping messages

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Mon Sep 11 21:10:19 CEST 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 06:51:54PM +0000, Frank Muller wrote:
> Thanks for the guidance guys. Kind of lost with my new lager's settings:
>
> lager,
>     [{error_logger_hwm,30},
>      {async_threshold,500},
>      {async_threshold_window,250},
>
> I'm still seeing dropped messages :-/
>
> What the correct settings for let's say 3000 as suggested by Jesper?
>
> /Frank

You will want to significantly raise the error_logger HWM, the HWM is
how many messages lager will pop from the error_logger mailbox before
starting to discard them.

Also, you might want to try lager 3.x, I landed some fixes to the
error_logger discard code a few months ago:

https://github.com/erlang-lager/lager/pull/411

Andrew