[erlang-questions] Generally agreed file extension...

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Sat Sep 2 14:28:28 CEST 2017

On 09/02, zxq9 wrote:
>We have .erl, .hrl, .beam, .ez and .app file extensions in common use.
>
>Is there any generally agreed upon file extension for files that contain data formatted for use by file:consult/2?

I've used filename.consult quite a few times. Otherwise, the .config
format for Erlang is close to that. In the most cases though, people
appear to use extensions that explain what the file contains and not its
format, oddly enough.

sys.config uses the format, although it asks for a full list of terms:

    [{App1, CfgList1,
     {App2, CfgList2,
     {AppN, CfgListN}].

the .app (and .app.src) files use the consult format as well, and so do
various ones like rebar.config, rebar.lock, relx.config, elvis.config,
common_test's .spec files, etc.