[erlang-questions] run_erl and systemd

Rynö Jouni (FMI) Jouni.Ryno@REDACTED
Tue Oct 31 07:57:53 CET 2017

Hi list

I have an odd systemd and run_erl issue. This service definition more
or less "works" on a "physical" machine, but not on a KVM-virtual
machine.

[Unit]
Description=My node
After=network.target

[Service]
Environment=RUNNER_LOG_DIR=/var/log/myapp
Type=forking
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 60
ExecStart=/proj/myapp/bin/myapp start
ExecStop=/proj/myapp/bin/myapp stop
RestartSec=20
Restart=on-failure
User=me
Group=me

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

epmd is running and I just try to start it via "systemctl start
my.service" from a command line

Plus I do get some odd inet_gethost and epmd died errors even in the
physical machine, but at least the run_erl starts at some point ...

Is there something, that I should do differently or add in the
environment?
Jouni

PS.somehow the init.d shell scripts were easier to debug ...

--
Jouni Rynö                            mailto://Jouni.Ryno@fmi.fi/
                                      http://space.fmi.fi/~ryno/

md5sum(the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything) =
0000000000000000000000000000002A