[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 20.1 has been released,

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Mon Oct 9 00:49:14 CEST 2017

Yes, that program happens to be the Chrome browser, which when clicked,
saves the file in decompressed form:

$ ls -l otp_src_20.1.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 serge mqt 237137920 Oct  8 18:45 otp_src_20.1.tar.gz
$ file otp_src_20.1.tar.gz
otp_src_20.1.tar.gz: POSIX tar archive (GNU)

I don't think it's the Chrome issue - probably as you mentioned one of the
headers messes it up.