[erlang-questions] erlang to browsers ("sessions" question, I suppose)

Roman Galeev jamhedd@REDACTED
Sun Oct 8 09:26:27 CEST 2017

> Is there already a setup where I get an Erlang process waiting for a next
message from a browser, replying to the browser with a message?

Well, you don't need BEAM on a browser to have it. If you use web sockets,
then Cowboy will spawn an Erlang process per each connection and manage its
state. On a client, you need to have a singleton (or whatever) and do the
same state management. Then you code a line protocol, and voila. And the
web socket connection is persistent. This approach has an advantage: you
can delegate the development of a browser UI to 'front-end' developers.

With best regards,
     Roman Galeev,
     +420 702 817 968