[erlang-questions] [ANN] Looking Glass profiler

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Oct 4 14:28:20 CEST 2017

Hello again,

I would also like to introduce you to the Looking Glass profiler that I
have been working on for RabbitMQ for most of the year.

It currently comes with callgrind output, can profile which processes
deal with messages the most and can output a sequential diagram of the
messages exchanged between processes.

You can find it at https://github.com/rabbitmq/looking_glass

I am still working on improving the current features but also the
performance of the tracer (which has room for improvement still) and
will be added flame graphs output next.

It requires Erlang/OTP 19+ because it is using the new NIF tracing
interface for better performance. It also compresses the trace files
using LZ4 (which is available as a separate NIF).

It should work with both rebar and erlang.mk projects.

The user guide is available at
https://github.com/rabbitmq/looking_glass/blob/master/doc/src/guide/book.asciidoc

I am currently at a point where feedback would be great so please
forward my way any comments you may have. Thanks in advance!

Enjoy!

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu