[erlang-questions] No Makefile Found

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Oct 4 12:36:27 CEST 2017

Hello,

You have empty deps/cowboy and other directories, why? If the directory
exists, Erlang.mk assumes the dependency is there. Things work fine
after rm -rf deps

I also don't recommend committing the .erlang.mk directory.

You might also want to update Erlang.mk via "make erlang-mk".

Cheers,

On 10/03/2017 07:05 AM, qp wrote:
> When I copy a folder of my erlang project on my local machine, I am able
> to cd into the copied directory and gmake run successfully.
> When I upload that folder to github and download it, I get "no makefile
> found"
>
> ~/tdep/gmake run
> Error: No Makefile to build dependency /Users/quantum/tdep/deps/cowboy.
> gmake: *** [erlang.mk:4182 <http://erlang.mk:4182>: deps] Error 2
>
> from https://github.com/QuantumProductions/tunnel-deploy
>
> There is a Makefile present:
>
> ~/cd tdep
> ~/tdep/ls
> Makefile    deps erlang.mk <http://erlang.mk>    rel        src
> tunnel.d
> _rel        ebin        oldh        relx.config    static
> ~/tdep/cat Makefile
> PROJECT = tunnel
> PROJECT_DESCRIPTION = Findök
> PROJECT_VERSION = 0.1.0
>
> DEPS = cowboy jiffy
> dep_cowboy_commit = master
>
> dep_jiffy = git https://github.com/davisp/jiffy
>
> include erlang.mk <http://erlang.mk>
>
> What is going on here? Could there be some setting on my machine that's
> affecting how gmake works?
>
> I expected to be able to clone this repo to my server and run it there.

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu