[erlang-questions] McErlang

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Oct 3 07:02:32 CEST 2017

I just downloaded McErlang today.
I note that
  - the last entry in NEWS is from 2011
  - the last change in GitHub is 2 years ago
  - I had to change the type :: record() to :: any() to
    get it to compile, and there are numerous warnings
    from the compiler, including an ambiguous call, and
    of course lots of erlang:now() complaints.
  - it was produced as part of an EU project which
    appears to have come to an end, so there may not be
    money to keep it up to date.

I have got it to the point where it compiles, but given
the date, I haven't dared to see what it does with maps.

Now this looked like a very useful tool, but before I
spend any time getting a clean compilation,
  - is anyone else (still) using McErlang?
  - has McErlang been replaced by something better that
    I can afford?
  - or should I just forget all about it?