[erlang-questions] Patch Package: OTP 19.3.6.4

derek denc716@REDACTED
Thu Nov 30 21:15:09 CET 2017

To Ingela and if sverker also on the list:

This morning I just found OTP-19.2.3.1 release is available, for the
only changed application is erts-8.2.2.1;  I'm trying to understand
why is this needed? when you already have OTP 19.3.6.3 which included
erts-8.3.5.3;
how many users are there sticking with 19.2 and can upgrade
19.2.X.Y.latest but can't upgrade to 19.3.X.Y.latest  ?
as a downstream OS distribution packager, I want to know if this need
a packaging as well

Could you also talk on what are the Erlang OTP release rules? if not
have recorded on some link? and what's the maintenance plan for each
past release? how long will each release be supported? like 19 will be
supported till Month-Year? 18 till what Month-Year?   and is 17
already no longer maintained?

https://github.com/erlang/otp/releases
https://github.com/erlang/otp/releases/tag/OTP-19.2.3.1

=== OTP-19.2.3.1 ===

 sverker tagged this a day ago · 4766 commits to master since this tag

Changed Applications:
- erts-8.2.2.1